This Fourth of July dessert is SO easy to whip up and easy to transport around. I love the idea of dessert in mason jars! There is a restaurant at the St. Regis Punta Mita that is on the ocean – Mita Mary’s! They serve the most delicious fresh seafood (literally from the ocean you are looking at), along with to-die-for mason jar desserts. Last time we were there we ordered four for two of us. The apple pie in a jar was my favorite :)
I was so inspired by the desserts that I wanted to create something similar for Fourth of July! You create these in individual mason jars and can keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
- Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake
For the frosting:
- 2 cups whipped cream, handmade or store brand
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to combine the whipped cream, cream cheese, and vanilla. Chill in the fridge.
- Slice the cake into squares and add to the bottom of a small mason jar jar 1/4 of the way.
- Next, add a layer of the frosting then top with berries
- Keep layering! Add a layer of cake, frosting and top with berries!
Photos by Pure Lee Photography