The big game is this weekend, are you ready??
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of popchips®
As many of you know we aren’t big football people in our household, however I love any excuse to throw a party. Game day is actually one of my favorites because everyone is in high spirits, the snacks and cocktails are flowing all day and it is the perfect opportunity to put together a simple yet delicious spread for your friends and family.
Looking for the perfect game day party snack ideas?
My favorite game day snacks are chips and dip! One item you cannot forget for game is Popchips! A healthier alternative to a regular potato chip so you can dip as much as you want with less guilt. While they are gluten-free, they are also contain real ingredients and are never fried! Guilt free snacking, especially on game day, just got even better. Their newer flavors are packed with so much delicious taste! I am currently obsessed with the Zesty Jalapeño Cheddar flavor! Serve with guacamole with sunflower seeds for dipping. The perfect game day snack combination!
Guacamole with Sunflower Seeds
Hands On: 20 Minutes
Total: 20 Minutes
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 1/2 cup non salted sunflower seeds
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 2 jalapeños, seeded (or not for an extra kick!) and minced
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Zesty Jalapeño Cheddar Popchips for dipping!
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the sunflower seeds and cook, stirring until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer the sunflower seeds to paper towels to drain; reserve the oil in the skillet. Season the sunflower seeds with salt.
- Scoop the avocados into a medium bowl, and coarsely mash with a masher or whisk.
- Stir in the onion, jalapeños, lime juice, chopped cilantro, and all but 2 tbs of the sun flower seeds.
- Scrape the guacamole into a serving bowl; drizzle some reserved oil on top. Garnish with the cilantro leaves and remaining sunflower seeds. Serve with Zesty Jalapeño Cheddar Popchips and a side of pico de gallo!
Now your mouth is salivating right? The perfect thing to top off this delicious chip and dip combo? Spicy mango margaritas! Margaritas along with beer are the perfect game day libation, and my personal go to. I love a bit of a kick in my margaritas, so these Spicy Mango ones are the perfect drink to hit the spot!
Spicy Mango Margaritas
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 4 ounces mango nectar
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- Lime slices for garnish
- Pour the salt into a shallow dish. On a small plate pour 2 tbs of agave (or more as needed). Dip the rim of a glass into the agave then dip the top of the glass in the salt. Add ice to each glass.
- Muddle the jalapeño with seeds into the bottom of a shaker. Combine tequila, lime juice, and mango nectar in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosty. Pour into the prepared glass and serve.
Your game day snacks don’t need to stop there! Another favorite Popchips flavor is the Barbecue! This is the perfect chip to continue snacking on while watching the game! No need for any dip, this chip is packed with so much flavor and will sure to be a crowd pleaser.
SHOP THE POST
Photos by Pure Lee Photography